Friday 5 November 2010

Hallmark

I had to miss the last day of the Islington fair and send my father careering like a lost thing around London to find the gallery and take down my work, while I got the train oop narth (that's up north to us Southerners) for two weeks on a work placement on the Illustration team at Hallmark Cards. This was a good decision. While the Islington fair was good, and the journey was horrendous, this proved to be a very very enjoyable two weeks indeed. I learned many things, one being that if you want to draw Forever Friends bears you have to have curly hair, and another being that when you are plunged into an environment like this it can turn you into a trembling lost little kitten.

Anyway, I met some lovely people there and learned a lot about working to an actual brief. I EVEN found myself drawing pretty women with flowing locks and high heeled shoes. It's okay though, I have drawn plenty of awkward looking big-nosed funny-haired men since.

These are some of the cards I designed there.





1 comment:

emily sams said...

love them all nicola! so different but so good :)