Monday 17 January 2011

Illustration Friday: Chicken


One of my new year's resolutions is to draw more, and I have decided that the best way to do this is to take part in Illustration Friday every week. This week seemed like a good time to ease myself in as 'chicken' is fairly within my comfort zone. It also means my mother can have another addition to our chicken-themed kitchen.

This particular chicken is of a somewhat nervous disposition. He visits a tailor on Saturdays but wears ill-fitting suits on account of being too embarassed to point out faults in the tailor's work. He is a hasty shopper and comes accross terribly self-conscious when he feels his decision-making is being watched. He makes a considerable amount of bad decisions as a consequence. I see a lot of myself in the chicken.

4 comments:

!*#? said...

that's brilliant!

Ben said...

Awesome!! The line is beautiful

Diane said...

That is one fabulous drawing! you have such talent! Love this. haven't done my IF yet.

jazzlamb said...

Loving the way you have used lines and spatters of color! Really crazy! :)